Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020

How to Open a Restaurant in USA Being Non-resident?

If you are a non-resident of USA, then you will require a green card to open a business in USA. If you are willing to open a small restaurant, or any other small business in USA, then you can do that on if you have L-1 or E-2 visa. These two visas are valid up to two years, and they can be renewed for unlimited times. You can open a small or midsized business in USA, only if you have any of these three documents a green card, L-1 visa, or E-2 visa.

Green Card by Investment:

You can easily get a green card by investment, if you are willing to open a small business in the USA. If you want to get a green card by investment, then you have to invest at least $500000. Though, you need to keep in mind that, you have to renew the green card on a regular basis. Usually they government officials of USA charge $455 as green card renewal fee. This is best for small and medium sized business owner, and the process is quiet fast and easy too. Green card is also preferred by most of the investors, compare to the visa.

L-1 Visa:

L-1 visa is available for the investors, who are operating and owning a business outside USA. To avail L-1 visa, you must have a clean business record outside USA. This L-1 visa enables the investors to expand their business by allowing them to open a small business in USA. To get L-1 visa, you have to invest at least $100k USD for your business.

To get the L-1 visa you need to show the physical presence of the office of the business, and other important records of your business. Initially the visa will be granted for 1 year for the business. If the business can provide profitable revenue, then the visa will be extended for one more year.

E-2 Visa:

The E-2 visa is also known as the start up visa as well. To get this visa, the investor has to submit a proper business analysis research paper to the government officials. The investor has to make sure that his business will support new business plans in the country. Also the investor has to make sure that the new business plan will meet all the employee security rules and norms and other tax related rules.

The investor must belong from a country, with which USA has signed a treaty of friendship. Getting the E-2 visa is the easiest way to open a new business in USA for non-residents. Also, this visa can be renewed for unlimited times, which offers great flexibility for the users.

USA government is known for its business friendly legislations, and both the USA residents and non-USA residents can enjoy the benefit of these legislations. Though the investors should keep in mind that, the state rules and norms should not create a tax burden on their new business. That is why, most of the business experts of USA advice that new investors should open a business in a state where the tax structure is relaxed in nature.